Prince William (VA)
Public Library System
Welcome to Interlibrary Loan!
- Live, work, or own property in Prince William County or the
cities of Manassas and Manassas Park
- Be a non-resident paid card holder.
- Must have less than $20.00 in
library fines or fees on your library record.
Requests for ILL Materials
- All ILL requests are placed in
ILLiad. Contact any
William Public library for assistance. Before contacting
the library, please have your password ready so that staff may
access your record.
- Patrons may pick-up their ILL
Prince William Public
Library System location. EXCEPTION: Microfilm is
for in-library use only at the full-service libraries
(Bull Run Regional Library, Central Community Library, Chinn
Park Regional Library and Potomac Community Library).
- Patrons are allowed no more
than 13 active ILL requests.
- Interlibrary Loans are
(including Canadian microfilm)
- Photocopies of pages from
books or articles from periodicals and newspapers
- Non-circulating books,
microfilm/microfiche in MAGIC, RELIC, or Reference
- Dissertations and Theses
ILL coverage area is defined as the United States (all 50
states) and its territories, Canada, Mexico and the
Caribbean (areas contiguous or almost contiguous to the
U.S.). Requests for materials owned by libraries in
countries other than the United States are accepted only if
the patron agrees to be responsible for the cost of the ILL
if a use fee is charged along with the postage to/from the
country, and any associated costs (insurance, return
requests are not placed for:
- Material in the circulating collection of the
Prince William Public Library System with the
where ALL circulating copies in the online catalog
show any status indicating that there are no active copies
(such as Bindery, Copy Returned, Damaged/Billing, Weeded,
Trace, Lost, Missing, Not Available) or are overdue for an
extended period of time (several months).
Full-text articles from periodicals or newspapers from the
electronic resource database. Those available from the
electronic resource database are forwarded to the patron by
- Audiovisual materials, i.e. videos, CDs, DVDs or
- Material with publication dates within the most recent
months. This is a general standard throughout
libraries, which allows new material to circulate to the
owning library’s patrons first.
- Current best sellers.
- Entire issues of newspapers and periodicals
- Patrons must allow an average
of 4 - 6 weeks for arrival of material from the time a
request is placed.
Borrowing Charges and Loan Fees charged by lending library are:
- Established by lending library.
- Paid by patron at the time of
pickup of loan material. Some borrowed materials require prepayment
In-Library Use Only
- Use is determined by the
lending library and is not available to be checked out.
- All microforms and some print
material are subject to this restriction.
- Patrons will be notified of restrictions prior to
- Determined by lending library
or institution, following their due date policy.
- There are no renewals allowed
for ILL materials.
Overdue Fines and Fees
- The overdue fines for ILL
materials are $1.00 per
day, per item, with no maximum amount.
- Fines accrue each day the Prince
William Public Library System is open.
- Fines do not accrue when the entire system is closed.
Lost or Damaged Charges
- Patrons are billed replacement costs
for the lost or damaged item(s), plus a non-refundable
processing fee of $5.00 per item.
For any questions,
contact the ILL office
or call (703) 792-4894.